Tomato Tarte Tatin
Published: 1st June 2017
2 Crimson Crush Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Sugar
20 gr Butter
Pre rolled Shortcrust Pastry
2 Slices Goats Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Sprig of thyme
- For the caramel, using a non stick small frying pan & oven proof handle. Place the sugar in a pan until melted and becomes brown then add the butter to form a "glossy sauce ".
- Place the quartered tomatoes neatly on top of the caramel and add a sprig of thyme.
- Cut a disc of the shortcrust pastry and place it on top of the tomatoes, ensuring the pastry is tight and lightly pressed on top of the tomatoes so everything stays compact whilst its cooking.
- Cook in oven at 185 to 190 degrees for 15 to 20 mins or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove carefully from the oven. Remove any excess liquid and turn the Tarte onto a flat plate.
- Simply serve the warm Tarte with a couple of slices of goats cheese and a nice dressed rocket salad.