Tomato & Mustard Tarte
Serves 4 people
1 pre rolled shortcrust pastry sheet
6 medium Nigina Tomatoes or around 500g
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Gruyere cheese
1 packet pea shoots
Olive oil for drizzle
Salt & cracked pepper
- Place the pre rolled pastry in a 10 inch diameter tarte mould.
- Blind bake the pastry at 180 degrees until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove the tarte from the oven and spread the mustard on the base.
- Slice the tomatoes, and neatly place them on top of the cooked pastry, drizzled the olive oil ,add cracked pepper & herbes de Provence
- Place the tarte in the oven and cook until the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Grate the Gruyere cheese on top of the tomatoes and place back in the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into quarters and serve.
Place the tart on a plate, a board or a slate and dress with pea shoots, fresh herbs & drizzle of olive oil
The perfect simple vegetarian starter for a dinner party, can be prepared in advance.
A great traditional French tarte to enjoy on a summers evening with a glass of chilled wine and fabulous friends!