Published: 1st June 2017
- 800g Ripened Cherry Baby Tomatoes
- 5 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 3 Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Pinch of Cracked Black Pepper
- Place the ripened tomatoes in a large bowl with the sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and thyme and gently stir.
- Wrap cling film over the bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- Blitz all the ingredients well (can use food processor or hand blender).
- Pass through a fine sieve and collect the tomato liquor in a clean bowl.
- Taste the tomato liquor, should be balanced between sweetness and sharpness, if to sharp add a little sugar and mix through to ensure dissolved, if too sweet add a drop of red wine vinegar and mix.
- Place the tomato liquor on a flat tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until the liquor starts to crystallise.
- Remove from freezer and stir with a fork.
- Repeat approximately 6 to 8 times.
- Once set scrape off the top with a spoon and place in a shot glass or tumbler and garnish with a sprig of thyme.