Pan fried potato gnocchi, sautéed honeycomb tomatoes & spinach
Serves 2 people
1 packet gnocchi
200 gr Honeycomb tomatoes
1 red onion – peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
80 gr butter
3 garlic cloves
1 packet spinach
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp dried sage
Salt & cracked pepper
- In a frying pan, add the oil and sweat off the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the herbs, chilli flakes.
- Add the butter, once it starts to get golden brown add the spinach and wilt them.
- Add the hybrid tomatoes and mix it all gently. Season to taste.
- Bring a pan to the boil, once boiling add your gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes or until the gnocchi have risen to the top.
- Drain them in a colander and gently mix through the tomato and spinach sauce.
Serve this simple but tasty dish, full of flavours in a bowl. Enjoy with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
This flavoursome vegetarian dish is easy to make but you can choose to add chicken or bacon lardons.